Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Calamari, same clothes, iPod dock, and an NDA alumni all in one day.

I have had an incredibly bizarre day. Serious, it is like I am tripping on shrooms but without the shrooms. If you didn't get that, ask a straightedger to help you out. Here is how the day went down:

1) I got up about two hours later than normal. 11:00am. The odd thing is, is that I woke up with the urge to eat calamari (deep fried squid.) It is very delicious and I need my fix.

2) When I took my shower, I must have been in a daze or something because, without realizing it, I put on the same exact clothes I wore yesterday. I felt a little gross, but then I realized what I had done and I changed in a hurry.

3) At around noon, Father an I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. When we got there I kept thinking it was May and wondering why their Christmas tree was still up. It must have been the warm weather and the melting snow that made me think this.

4) When we got back home, I wanted to call the local Media Play to see if they had a computer dock for Poddington. They had one left and I had them reserve it for me. About fifteen minutes after that, I had a mood swing and didn't want to go buy it at all. I didn't, but right about now I wish I would have.

5) Father and I, as a back-up plan for not going to Media Play, decided to have lunch/supper at the Townhouse. While we were there, I met this lady named Paula Hein who is from De Pere. We talked about Wisconsin life, and her high school days came up. It turns out that she graduated from NDA in 1991. Okay. At this moment, I am a little weirded out. She asked about some teachers and if they were still there.

Paula: So, do you have Father Gilsdorf?
Me: No, but he is still there. Most of my friends have him in English class.
Paula in a mildly sad voice: Awww. I miss Father G.

Anyway, she gave me her name and told me a huge story about how her brother and father did the brickwork on the new Lambeau Field. She seemed pretty nice, and she still had that annoying Wisconsin accent.

That was my day. Not the most normal or the most outrageously crazy. This is my life and because of it, I am still convinced that the world thinks I am a "retard silly man."

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

iPod docks really are not as cool as they seem, since you can charge just as easily without one.

I love that Fr. G's one freshman honors English class consists of "most of your friends." That cracks me up. Anyway, I don't think this Paula lady gave you her name with the intention of you putting it on the internet. I suppose now I have to go write on my blog about my highly interesting day, which involved gossip, an escape to Max and Erma's, playing pool, and Mrs. Grelecki.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.