Friday, February 04, 2005

What was the Berlin Wall again?

Today was food day in French. My breakfast puffs turned out pretty good. I thought so anyway. The best part, though, was Kayleigh's story: (Yes, I copy/pasted this out of Kellinka's blog for the only reason being that I don't have the time)

"Yeah. I spent four hours making my food last night, and I got home from work at eleven. See, first I made Jello. But it turns out, when you put Jello on whipped cream, it kind of goes... glurp. So I got really frustrated, and then I just went and got some Betty Crocker and made a cake. (Laughter.) Hey, look at my burn. Isn't that cool? I got it at work on the grill. Yeah, it was fine for a few days, but last night, it just started oozing."

Kayleigh really is the funniest person ever. Also today, she was all scared because there was a "hard spot" in her lower back. It turns out that she was relieved when she remembered that it was just from her falling out of her car and onto the ice this morning. Silly Kayleigh. When she brought her cake this morning, she stated that it "might have a few glass shards in it." I didn't have any of it. I love her...as does most of the school. The Frater and Bloomy came to mooch off of our French food. The Frater was, like, obsessed with my puffs, while Bloomy was concerned with Kellinka's consumption of DDT in pickles. Madame then put on a pink tiara, and explained to Kellinka and I that names make a person. Apparently, Kellinka's Russian name is Ullma, meaning "bubbly and giddish." When I asked her what my Russian/French name was, she said it was Benji in all languages. To tell you the truth, I really don't mind it. We watched, and by "watched" I mean totally ignored while we socialized, Anastasia. Madame got very upset when "stupid American animators" used her sloppy Americanized name, Anastasia, when it really is Anya-stay-zia. It was quite funny. Madame also told us about her childhood.

Kellinka: When I was little, I wanted to be a bathtub.
Madame: Yeah, well, when I was a little girl, I wanted to be an astronaut. Do you think that worked out for me? No. Look where I am now.

The rest of the day was a pretty much flop, until Art. In Art, Kellinka, Chelk, Pam, and I reminisced about Artsie Tartsie last week.

Artsie Tartsie [last week]: Yes. [Some famous artist] specialized in graffiti. He even did a part of the Berlin Wall once, where ever that may be.

Artsie Tartsie [last week]: Colors are alloys. Just imagine it like they are alloys to you in the war. They are like your friends.
Random NDA Student #54: You mean allies?

Come on. You have to laugh when a teacher doesn't know where the Berlin Wall is or what allies are.

Oh, yes. It is KELLINKA'S BIRTHDAY!! She is a whopping fifteen!

I now have to get ready to go to Seamsress's house for a DDR party. Whoop-whoop!

Come on. You have to laugh when a teacher doesn't know

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kellinka said...

Yes, this week in art class, we learned why Artsie Tartsie teaches art and not history.

Oh, God! I totally forgot about the glass shards in Kayleigh's cake! That was why I didn't have any, either. And then she's all, "Hey, Mr. Blumerich, I'll give you that whole cake if you pay my NDA Serves pledges!"

Also, I think Madame speaks better English as a fourth language than you do as a first if you think "giddish" is a word. She said "energetic." And the name was Yulia.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Kayleigh said...

Ahem, I will have you know that they were not "shards" of glass. A dumped out the bowl... there were probably just small microscopic amounts in it. And besides, TIDE has little peices of glass in its detergent! Bet ya didn't know that! Well I will have you know that the cake was awesome, and you missed out. Oh, and I did not say my burn was cool. It hurts :( And it sucks :( Oh and Ben, your breakfast puffs were sick... sickly awesome ;)

Je t'aime

Kayleigh

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Kayla Sharee said...

Wow. Lol. Thanks for the laugh! Post anytime!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.