Friday, March 18, 2005

I hate Senioritis, but not St. Patrick's Day.

Sammy has Senioritis. SAMMY! The most smartest and most hard working peoson ever has Senioritis. For those of you who do not know what Senioritis is, here:

/Seen-Yor-I-tiss/ noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation.

With much help to my good friend, UrbanDictionary.com, there you have it. Senioritis. It is very sad, and it is striking all of my senior fellows...espically Sammy and Kara. The two of them do NOT need this. Sammy is going to be on the Marquette University Honor Roll for God's sake. Enough about this, though. I am getting too depressed.

In French today, after the French Club meeting, Madame said that we were going to be doing another dialogue. Uggh. I hate dialogues. I asked if Sockittoya wanted to be my partner, but she said no. I was sad and blue, so Kellinka and Seamstress asked me if I wanted to join their group. I did. We accomplished nothing but being able to recite the Team Rocket jingle from Pokèmon. Childhood memories are coming back to me piece by piece.

In World History today, we took a test. I could not concentrate, though. I spent the whole hour thinking about FB throwing up on his arm yesterday, and laughed through the whole test.

At Lunch, I found out that Daf and AV made the soccer team! W00t! After Lunch, in Study Hall, Kara and I had a full blown discussion about her heritage.

Kara (a blonde haired, white skinned, green eyed girl): I am part Native American.
Me: Oooookayyyy, Kara.
Kara: Really, I am. It is just like a white male to criticise that. Do you know anything about the Trail of Tears?
Me: [Maniac laughing] Yeah!
Kara: Well, at least I am glad that you know something about history. I am also happy the you get amusement out of the fact that your people raped my people.
Me: Hey, let's not get defensive here. I am Irish, and we had the potato famine. That was no picnic.
Kara: That was a natural disaster, dork! White people did not come into your home and say, "Hey, start walking."
Me: Um...Kara? I am white.
Kara: Exactly! Hey! Look at my new Pippie Longstocking book! She is my hero!

Kara is insane. Really, she is.

Today was St. Patrick's Day! I love that because I am part Irish. The damn Elders were supposed to be on Conan tonight, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. Errgh.

8 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Kayleigh said...

Well Ben. First of all, I'm going to post in today because whoever wrote the "Hello's" in the apology blog, wow, that's just a tad obnoxious. Second, Ben I wasn't pissed off at you. I was hurt. At least at first I wasn't pissed. You made me feel totally and completely stupid when we were reading. So I closed my book and walked away. The part that hurt even more was the fact that you had no idea how much you hurt me. When people asked why I was upset, you gave an immature response, which therefore made me pissed off. I was extremely upset at this entire situation that we were placed in. Not only that, but I was so disappointed in you. And if you do actually care, then you can apologize to me in person, not online. I hope you realize what you did, and I hope that you never do that to me or to anyone for that matter.

Kayleigh

P.S. I still love you Ben, and maybe if we talk things through, you can be my freshman again... MAYBE ;)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Kayleigh said...

Oh yeah, and yay for being Irish :D

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Oh, Ben. You crack me up. Awesomest froshie ever :-D

I'm on a mental health day. I rather like it. However, it contributes even more to my senioritis.

Kara really IS Native American, you know!!!

GO MARQUETTE!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

Awww, Benji. You are a very funny boy. I think I have a form of Senioritis called I Hate ICP And So I'm Not Going to Do My ICP Homework Itis.

Joyeaux jour de Saint-Patrick.

Yes, Madame thought she was so cool, not giving me a library pass, but it turns out there are computers in here, TAKE THAT.

I think I need elaboration on FB throwing up on his arm, however...

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Van Chelsing said...

Prepare for trouble.
And make it double.

Well, you can finish the rest of the Team Rocket jingle. I'm pretty sure that the fact that we start all our AIM conversations with that jingle proves our awesomeness.

Well, I think I have froshitis. Because since I'm not a senior, well, you get it. Meep. If I'm lazy now just imagine me senior year. o_o

I liked your bowtie. You should wear bowties more often.

-Seamstress

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger mai said...

Go irish!

One variant of Senioritis is 8thgradeitis. Generally developed during the last part of the last year of middle school when you know your class placements are just determined by standardized tests so you start blowing off algebra homework.

Also, Kara sounds hilarious.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Tay-Tay said...

WOW!
Pencil Case, you ROCK!!
I can not believe that you answered all of my questions!
And the reoson it took me two days, is because I had to type them again.
Blogger also ate my post.
But the first time it took me about 45 minuites, and the second time it took me about 10 or 15 minuits because I had remembered most of them.
THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A COOL FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

BYE.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Tay-Tay said...

Hiya, Pencil Case.
Go to my blog.
BYE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.