Sunday, April 03, 2005

Last day of Spring Break '05.

April. April is finally here. The best part about that, though, is the part where "March is in like a lion and out like a lamb" is over. My March was no lamb. It was all lion. But now, it is over, and I need not complain any longer. Anyhoo...

I have been mildly obsessed with the YMCA lately. I have been counting my calories in all the food I consume. My goal is to lose all my fat and have six pack abs. Hee, hee. Like that will happen. I have not been following my own rules, though. I still munch on an occasional, delicious Girl Scout cookie. Helloooooooo, Seamstress! Hee. She does love those Thin Mints.

The other day, Lee-hah and I took a risk and used public transportation to go to her salon to have them straighten her hair because that night we were to go to Comedy City, a local comedy club in the light of Whose Line Is It, Anyway?. Well, on the bus ride to the salon, there were some strange yet funny Ca-Razy people also riding. There was a decent looking blonde lady sitting when her friend, Rhonda (with a bowl cut and crooked teeth), arrived.

Carol: Hi, Rhonda!
Rhonda: Um...hi?
Carol: It's me! Carol!
Rhonda: Oh! Carol! So nice to meet you again!
Carol: Geez, I have not seen you since we worked together at that one place.
Rhonda: Yeah, I remember now! The last time I saw you, you had that one daughter! You know, the one you had when you were eighteen.
Carol: Yeah! I have a grandbaby now.
Rhonda: Well, good for you.
Carol: I wanted one so bad! I would show you pictures, but I gave them all to my parents.

[Nonsence conversation]

Carol: You look way skinny these days! What have you been doing?
Rhonda: Honey, I am not skinny at all. Only my sexy legs. All my fat goes to my stomach. It is my beer belly. Bought and paid for.
Carol: Oh. Well, do you have anyone special these days?
Rhonda: Well, our old boss keeps slipping love notes in my mailbox. And I says to him I says, "Get the hell out of here, you worthless piece of shit." Seriously, note to self: On way home pick up restraining order.
Carol: Oh, geez, Rhonda. You still are funny as hell.

[Yet more nonsence conversation]

Carol: Are you still living in that same house?
Rhonda: Yes. I hate that sonnafabitch. I hope it burns down and a piece would hit me so I could sue the landlord.
Carol: Rhonda! Why do you hate it that much?
Rhonda: Because evertime it rains, I get pots and pans everywhere becasue if I don't, all my stuff gets wet.
Carol: Well, why doesn't your landlord get a new roof?
Rhonda: I have been bugging him about it for thirteen years now. He always says he will repair it when he gets a round to it, but he never does. So I told him last weekend that I bet it doesn't rain in his house!
Carol: And...
Rhonda: I got a new roof yesterday.

Ahhh...the many joys of the transit system.

Well, I better get going. I have to catch up on my Spring Break reading for Brownies class. Catch y'all on the flip side!

Oh, yes. Before I forget. I have switched up my style. I no longer shop mainly at Hot Topic, but I am now more of an American Eagle/Gap guy. Please don't hate me, LC.

4 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Wolfae said...

Pencil Case...I'm surprised you shop at all. Guys aren't supposed to shop. *snicker* Just Kidding. Lyl. Hope your Spring Break ROCKED...oh, and please comment on my blog...

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Magster said...

I love love love Gap!!! I bet you look super fly in those clothes!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Van Chelsing said...

YAY for Ben. Gap is one of my favorite stores. And American Eagle isn't too shabby either. I agree with Maggie that you will look "super fly" in your clothing.

The Rhonda and Carol story was ost amusing.

And don't forget, if you ever need a place to stay at night, our couch is always welcome to you. LOL.

-The Seam...stress. hee

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

Oh, Benji, your Rhonda/Carol story laughed so much.

And considering that approximately 65% of my wardrobe is from the Gap or one of its syndicates (Old Navy, Banana Republic), I am quite proud of your makeover.

Grafitti... hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.