Monday, July 25, 2005

This is me taking a hint.

Yo.

Yes, I in fact do realize that it has been almost a month since my last update. I am just really tied up with a lot of Colorado things such as work and family. However, on a lighter note, I am having loads of fun, as my English pen-pal would say (hi, Jessica.) I really can't complain about the time I am having here. I just can't believe how fast it has gone. Eight days left. Damn. And the sucky part is that I don't get to come back for eight months. That is way too long to not see the family here. I might try to talk Mother into letting me come out here for the Christmas break. I hope she lets me. Okay, this topic is bumming me out, so I need to lay off it.

I have chosen my Swing Choir and Musical try out songs. "Run, Freedom, Run!" from Urinetown for Swing Choir and "Dancing Through Life" from Wicked for the musical. Yes, I do despise Wicked, but it is a good song. I was talking to Ethan yesterday and we were trying to imagine how horrid it would be for NDA to choose Seussical next year. We couldn't. But talking about that got us to thinking about how much more terrible it will be in about ten years when we finally get the rights to perform Wicked. We have no lives, but we do have opinions for musicals.

I talk on AIM pretty much every night now until about 1:30am Mountain Time. This is preventing me from sleeping a whole lot and wracking my nerves from all the damn Adware and Spyware I am getting. My screen name is FrenchPencilCase for those who are in need of an (un)intelligent conversation.

Tomorrow is my last day of work at the good old Dulcimer Shop. 9am-1pm. My new icon is three dulcimers, for those who wanted to know what a dulcimer is. Oddly, though, most people that come into the shop and ask what a dulcimer is can't even pronounce it. "Hey, you, what is a duck-climber?" or "dulkamars are fun! My great uncle seven times removed has one that I played when I was four." Then they will go on to say that they have heard of one from a distant relative or that they themselves have/had one that just ended up on their living room wall. And the even better part... 90% of the lack of knowledge comes from Texans. Oui, I loooove it.

Right now, I am in the library where a few high school boys from the Summit are reading Dr. Seuss aloud. Carazy. The Summit is a Christian group that hales in Manitou which invites students from all over the country to learn about God an stuff. I am afraid of them.

So that wraps up my July thus far. I will leave y'all with a quote from my favorite restaurant, The Townhouse.

Paula (customer): Hey, Sandy! What's up?
Sandy (waitress): Not much.
Paula: What are you up to the rest of the day?
Sandy: Okay, I am not beating around the bush anymore! I want money!

7 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Van Chelsing said...

Glad to know you are having lots of fun in Colorado. It is sad you have to leave soon, but happy since you'll finally be back in GB! I miss you, boy!

You will do brilliantly on both your swing choir and musical try-outs. And I will hopefully be able to be your accompaniest!! :D

I hope your spyware problems are resolved soon.

<3 Seamstress

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben,
sorry im being lazy and decided not to log in...but its jen. its the 31st today. so i could most def hang out before u go. i want to see u!!
anyways hit me back
Jen

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jen jen said...

by the way....wat is ur AIM sn?

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Kel said...

Hey Benj. It is me. French keyboards are crazy. See you in huit jours: Au revoir.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Magster said...

Ben~ You man ho! It's been to long! I miss you!!!!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger A Blonde with a Brain said...

Ben... your blog is my life. Not kidding.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Daf Sue said...

ben when are you coming back?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.