Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pretty much the same post as yesterday, but with different words.

I am currently in study hall where I am currently blogging.

A thing I didn't get to yesterday was my routine afternoon. Theology, French and Comp Lit.

Theology is way better than it was last year. This year we actually get to discuss our opinions and talk about life goals rather than memorizing dates and names. Technically, my teacher is Mr. Winkler, but this semester, we have a student teacher, Mr. Tumpane. Mr. Tumpane is really good at teaching. I really enjoy his lessons and, quite frankly, I learn a lot. I sit next to a brigade of crazy people, though. Daf, Diana, Stephanie and Taylor. Oh, fun times.

Mr. Winkler: Because I was asked, I am going to tell you about my fantasy football roster.
Taylor: PlayStation! Woo, hoo!
Diana: It isn't PlayStation, Taylor... It is a game you play online by picking football players to be on your team to score points for various reasons.
Taylor: Mr. Winkler! Who did you pick as your coach?
Diana: They don't pick coaches, Taylor.
Taylor: Really? That's dumb. I would pick Vince Lombardi.
Diana: He is dead, Taylor.

Taylor, after seeing Stephanie writing a note: Why is that note so long? Is is for [Stephanie's boyfriend]?
Stephanie: Yes.
Taylor: Omigod. I am so disgusted right now. I could go into the bathroom and throw up my lunch.
Amber: I am coming, too!
Taylor, seriously: Okay.

Then we have French, which is bizarre as always. The past couple of days, we have been researching in the computer lab for a project we are doing about artists.

Madame: You all better be quiet or I'll give you a demention!
Kellinka: Demention, Madame?
Madame: Oh, I am dummy. I mixed "detention" and "demerit."

Yes, you heard right. Madame forgets her articles.

Madame: Okay, class, we will pick names out of hat.

Then she had to comment on my dressing style.

Madame: Pencil Case, you are dressing pretty schnazzy lately. Who have you been shopping with?
Kellinka, whispering: Paul.
Madame: Paul is faaaaaaaabulous!

Yes, Paul is fabulous.

Speaking of Paul... We had a nice little discussion about chocolate, vanilla and twist with Molly and Joe. Gross.

Now it is my time to tell you about Comp Lit. Oh, dear. You see, Comp Lit is a class that you have to take in order to graduate. It "teaches" you the basic skills of computer literacy. I have it the eighth, and last, hour of the day with Kellinka.

The other day, Mrs. Pease was taking little groups of the class to the back of the room and showing them the inside of a personal computer.

Mrs. Pease, holding a hard drive: Then you take this little baby and stick it right in here.
Tyler: That's a nice baby.

Mrs. Pease, holding a rather large floppy disc: This is a very old floppy disc.
Tyler: We had those at my old school.
Mrs. Pease: You're right, it is old school.

She then went on to sing the word "motherboard" about twenty-seven times.

My Study hall is almost over, so I think I am going to wrap this post up... I will either post later today or tomorrow! Thank you (Kellinka) for reading!

PS - Swing choir practice tonight!

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

There's a fine, fine line between Computer Literacy and Applications and a waste of time.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kellinka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.