Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh, Lithuanians.

Okay, so, tonight I am going to the Morgue (a haunted house) with the gang.

I am so scared. I just might wet myself. Alex is scared, too, though, so at least I am not alone.

The play is going well. It is pretty fun, actually. We are finally becoming a family. Sort of.

Me: Oh, God. Eddie's (a character in the play) jokes are laaaaame.
Ieva, the foreign exchange student from Lithuania: Really?! You think!? I mean, if I was in the crowd, I would laugh hysterically!
Me: No, Ieva, the jokes are meant to be dumb. Americans like to laugh at pointless, ridiculous things like that.
Ieva: Really!? Oh, wow. American humor is much more complicated than British humor, and that is saying a lot.

Me, after buying Ieva and I each a tie of Mr. Blaney's: See, Ieva, it is an American trend to wear a tie as a belt.
Ieva: No way! That is preposterous! A tie... As a belt?!
Me: Yeah, I know. [Mildly sarcastic] Craaaaazy.
Ieva: Yeah, but, oh well! [Puts her tie on as a belt]

So, today, in English, Mrs. Mellberg wasn't present during the morning announcements. It was odd, because she is always there to make us be quiet. Apparently, she was in the hall staring at us. What will that woman think of next?

Mademichelle Countdown: Six more lessons.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Wolfae said...

Ieva is the best!!! "Oh, It's my hamster,"

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Wolfae said...

UPDATE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.